Sherri Shepherd “Permission Slips”
Permission Slips ~ Every Woman’s Guide To Giving Herself A Break ~
Whether on stage or screen, Comedienne/Actress Sherri Shepherd never fails to delight audiences with her magnetic personality and hilarious sense of humor, which is showcased in her position as co-host of ABC’s Emmy-nominated The View. Sherri will also star in her new Lifetime series, Sherri. The show, in which she also serves as co-executive producer, is loosely based on her life and standup comedy, and will premiere in the Fall of 2009. On October 14, Sherri’s humorous autobiography, Permission Slips: Every Woman’s Guide to Giving Herself a Break, will be launched by Grand Central Publishing.
Sherri shares her struggles, triumphs, and everything she’s learned along the way. These lessons and – more important – the “permission slips” she gives herself, and readers, prove the only thing worse than trying to be perfect 24/7 is not forgiving yourself for being human.
- Sherri addresses it all, but no matter how painful, her trademark honesty and humor shine through, whether it’s:
- Her experiences with boys, dating, and sex – not necessarily in that order.
- The ups and downs of her career on stage, screen, and TV
- Marriage and infidelity (including a very good reason why she shops for lamps at antique stores, not bargain stores)
- Diabetes and how it has affected her family
- That second day on The View and the answer heard ’round the world (and, yes, she knows the world is round)
Permission Slips is for every woman trying to take care of everyone around her – while realizing she’s going to drop the ball someplace. It’s about making mistakes, and moving on. Sometimes it’s about making the same mistake fifteen times in a row, but still always moving on once the lesson is learned. Now Sherri will show you to laugh through the tears and why you always give yourself a break – you deserve it!
One of my many favorite areas of this book is:
Test me, I said.
When the doctor came back with my results, she was frowning.
Damnit she said
I don’t care who you are, you don’t want your doctor to glance at your test results, and swear.
Good news? I asked. I knew it wasn’t good news. I tried to savor this last second of a normal life. Because once I knew I had diabetes, I would have to change everything.
Sherri, oh boy. You’re at 294, she said.
I tried to save myself. It’s from all that syrup. Let’s do another one tomorrow.
No. Sherri, you’re going on medication. Immediately.
I’ll leave before, and after that excerpt for you to read the book.
Taking care of my family, my mother, our pets, and when I’m lucky – myself too can often times be a true challenge. Having picked up this book is one of the better things for ME that I have done in a good long while. This book will be parked on the nightstand beside my bed. Sometimes, I just need a reminder.
Covering topics such as “It’s Jesus or Jail,” “Marriage, the Hard Way,” “Children: The Gift You Can’t Give Back,” and “All the Things I Don’t Know…And All the Things I Definitely Do,” stand-up comedienne, actress, and ABC’s The View co-host Sherri Shepherd comically chronicles her struggles to keep up with the many roles-professional, wife, mother, daughter, and friend-that women must play in today’s world. Sherri urges women to pursue their most important dreams and to never give up, but also let’s readers know that it’s okay to give themselves “permission slips” when things don’t always work out the way they want them to.
18 November, 2009 - Posted by Rose RedNeckWitch | Uncategorized | ABC, author, book, books for women, Co-host of The View, diiabetes, for women, forgive yourself, lessons, Permission Slips, Sherri Shepherd, struggles, triumphs
No comments yet.
- Skinn – Dimitri James Product – Giveaway – Ends 12/09/09
- SleepyHeads Pajamas Review and Giveaway – Ends 12/10/09
- Brella Bag – Hands Free Umbrella Holder – Ends 12/14/2009
- My Most Surprising Gift
- Great Giveaways All Around!
- Designs By Janessa
- Littlest Pet Shop Friends Nintendo DS Game
- Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
- Lots of Winners are Posted!
- Scan Digital Photo Scanning Services
Follow Us On Twitter
Button Grab Copy & Paste
Subscribe To My RSS
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.